At Rivers Coaching, social justice is not a term we use lightly, it is the foundation upon which our work is built. We are unapologetic and very vocal in our stance that those doing the ‘real work’ be committed to the abolition of existing oppressive structures and systems, with liberation in mind.
Holding the above beliefs, we insist that all those we work with, read, agree to and sign this contract before we proceed with our collaborative journey.
- I/We are committed to cultivating an organisational structure and delivery that is rooted in the abolition of existing oppressive and unjust systems and structures
- I/We are committed to visionary thinking and actions which have social equity and cultural responsiveness at their core
- I/We acknowledge that marginalised people contend with a number of intersectionalities, and commit to centring these intersectionalities in our approach
- I/We understand that it is our responsibility to identify, critique systems of oppression including but not limited to racism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, classism and Islamophobia.
- I/We commit to a community centred and led (if the community so wishes) approach, which is inclusive of all stakeholders in the design, implementation and adaptation of programmes created
- I/We understand that meaningful change takes time, and as such my/our aim is to commit to this work long-term